Hi Ben,

Moving this over to impala-user@cloudera.org, which should be able to help
you out with this issue.

--
Aaron T. Myers
Software Engineer, Cloudera

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 1:36 AM, Benc wrote:

All

We have created the following table in Hive

CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE Netposition (id string, username string, account
string, price double)

STORED BY 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.hbase.HBaseStorageHandler'

WITH SERDEPROPERTIES ("hbase.columns.mapping" = "key,d:i,d:u,d:p")

TBLPROPERTIES("hbase.table.name" = "Netposition");

When we use impala to query it, the doubles are null values? Should we be
creating the table in hive using a different syntax? Looking at this doc
http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/Impala/latest/Installing-and-Using-Impala/ciiu_impala_hbase.htmlit seems to use strings, and ints for creating tables values. Can you
create tables in impala?

--

---