We would like to create an impala table which can supply updated data to.
Currently we are using inserts with a version timestamp to allow us to get
the latest row version as well as run "as of" a specific time.

The solution we have is using a join to "max(version_timestamp), pkey ...
group by pkey"
which has the obvious performance issue of a join.

Q) What other options can you recommend?

select version_timestamp as rev, m.pkey, field1, field2

from my_table m

inner join (

     select max(version_timestamp) as rev,

     pkey

     from my_table

     group by pkey

) v on v.rev = m.version_timestamp;

groupimpala-user @
categorieshadoop
postedJun 17, '13 at 2:54p
activeJul 22, '13 at 10:18a
websitecloudera.com
irc#hadoop

2 users in discussion

Paul Birnie: 2 posts Marcel Kornacker: 1 post