On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 9:18 AM, Alex Breshears wrote:
How is the community built around Impala so far? I know the roadmap and most
of the code is primarily driven by Cloudera for now, but are you accepting
submissions from the community? I.e. if somewhere were to build an OFFSET
function would you be willing to integrate into the product? Or should we be
waiting (assuming it happens) until Impala is migrated to the Apache
foundation?
Alex, thank you for your question.

We already have this feature on the roadmap, but it didn't make the
cut for the upcoming GA release. You should expect to see it not too
long after GA.

Regarding external submissions, there's obviously a cost associated
with shepherding them into the code base, which means they compete
with what's already on the Impala roadmap for developer man-days. We
will evaluate external submissions on a case-by-case basis, but can't
make any guarantees as to whether we'll adopt it or in which time
frame that would happen.

Marcel

groupimpala-user @
categorieshadoop