Adding scm-users, since this is a CM-related question.
On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 4:57 PM, Steven Wong wrote:

Indeed, using Cloudera Manager is quite promising. Thanks for the tip. I
got a cluster up using m2.4xlarge with the right number of ephemeral disks.
But I did have to manually patch the cluster with these steps (let me know
if I'm missing something):

1. Decommission/stop DN, TT, and impalad on the master node. [to have a
dedicated node for NN/JT]
2. sudo -u hdfs hadoop fs -mkdir /user/ubuntu && sudo -u hdfs hadoop fs
-chown ubuntu /user/ubuntu [to fix a write permission error]

Unfortunately, Cloudera Manager doesn't yet support hs1.8xlarge, which
is the instance type that I really want to use. Any chance it will be
supported soon?

------------------------------
*From:* Ricky Saltzer [ricky@cloudera.com]
*Sent:* Thursday, March 07, 2013 1:08 PM
*To:* impala-user@cloudera.org
*Subject:* Re: Problem with Impala EC2 instructions

Hey Steven -

Just a side note...the documentation for setting up Cloudera Manager 4.5
with AWS integration can be found at the link below...I'm fairly sure it
will install Impala automatically.

https://ccp.cloudera.com/display/FREE45DOC/Installing+Cloudera+Manager+and+CDH+on+EC2

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 4:05 PM, Ricky Saltzer wrote:

Hey Steven -

I'm going to update these instructions as soon as I can to take
advantage of Cloudera Manager's new AWS integration feature. This will make
setting up your cluster as simple as using a wizard.