On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 4:04 PM, Joerg Schilling wrote:
Yes, if you mean what is described here as 'the original 4-clause'
license, or BSD-old:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BSD_licenses
Do you like to discuss things or do you like to throw smoke grenades?

The only thing I'd like to discuss is your reason for not adding a
dual license to make your code as usable and probably as ubiquitous as
perl. And you have not mentioned anything about how that might hurt
you.

In other words, if you can legally combine BSD code with GPL code, you can do
with GPL and CDDL as well.
You can't do either if you are talking about the BSD-old license
(which also isn't accepted as open source by the OSI). Fortunately,
the owners of the original/official BSD were nice guys and removed the
GPL incompatible clause, with the Revised BSD License being recognized
as both open source and GPL-compatible. But that hasn't - and
probably can't - happen with CDDL, so the only working option is dual
licensing.
It seems that you are not interested in a sesrious discussion.

Not unless it is about how you or anyone else would be hurt by a dual
license. Anything else is just ranting on both our parts.

--
    Les Mikesell
       lesmikesell at gmail.com