On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 11:16 AM, Joerg Schilling wrote:
You should read the GPL and get help to understand it. The GPL does not forbid
this linking. In contrary, the GPOL allows any GPLd program to be linked
against any library under and license. If this was not thecase, you could not
legally distribute binaries from GPLd programs.

You can't distribute GPLd programs unless 'the work as a whole' is
covered by the GPL. There can't be a distinction between binary and
source since one is derived from the other.

My code is fully legal and there is absolutely no license problem with it.
Umm, no. Larry Wall clearly understood this eons ago.
???

Odd, I expected you to be as smart as him. He started with only the
'Artistic' license but quickly understood the issues when you need
part of the 'work as a whole' to include, say, linking in a
proprietary database driver as one component and GPL'd readline as
another, along with the code he wanted to be generally usable. And he
did something about it.

Sure, there is nothing 'wrong' with your licence as long as it isn't
mixed with anything with different restrictions. Just don't act
surprised that the code doesn't get used in projects that have to
accommodate GPL restrictions.

Again, don't follow the agitation from OSS enemies. You are of course wrong!

You don't have to 'follow' anything - just read the phrase 'work as a whole'.

Question: If _you_ believe that it is OK to mix your code with GPL'd
code, why not add the dual licensing statement that would make it
clear for everyone else? It doesn't take anything away - unless you
really don't want it to be used in other projects.
Why should I do something that is not needed?

My question is 'why not do it?'. You don't lose anything but the
restrictions that you pretend aren't there since a dual license allows
you to choose the terms of the other if you prefer. I don't like the
GPL restrictions either, but I just say so instead of pretending
otherwise. A dual license is clearly needed unless your point is to
make people choose between either using your code or anything that is
GPL'd.

But before you like to discuss things with me, I recommend you to first inform
yourself correctly.

I if course _don't_ mix CDDLd code with GPLd code.

So, you really don't want your code to be used? Then why ask why it
isn't popular?

--
      Les Mikesell
         lesmikesell at gmail.com