On 13.01.2015 05:43, Somers-Harris, David | David | OPS wrote:
Hello,

What types of tests does the CentOS Development Team do for
software in its repositories? Where does it get its test catalog
from?

I want to create a testing process which is equal to if not more
rigorous that the CentOS process for any third party software we
use.

For example, if I install the php-mysqlnd package from the Remi
repository, I want to test it just as carefully as the php-mysql
package has been tested before I get it from the CentOS
repository.

If somebody can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Thanks! David

First, I guess this question would be more suitable for the devel list
than for the users list, but that's just my opinion :)

Second: You have to keep in mind that you would want to apply
also all upstream tests.

This means it would be best to read up on the fedora packaging and
testing guidelines.

I don't know if red hat has published their intern guidelines for
RHEL development (I'm sure there are some).

HTH

Sven

groupcentos @
categoriescentos