On 6/9/2013 1:14 AM, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
Do i need to update it to the
latest version

need? no. should? probably.

and is it recommended to use yum update command to update to
6.5 on a production environment without testing.

if 'production' means what it does in my $job's enterprise environment,
absolutely not. we do nothing to a production environment without
testing first in a staging environment that replicates
production. updated of complicated production systems is tricky.

that said, things like development servers, hobby internet webservers
running a few blogs and stuff, things like that, I regularly do yum
update's on, but I also have backups if its at all important, so I can
revert to last night if there's a problem.

--
john r pierce 37N 122W

groupcentos @
categoriescentos