On Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 1:57 PM, John R Pierce wrote:

On 6/9/2013 1:14 AM, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
Do i need to update it to the
latest version
need? no. should? probably.
Thanks John for the quick reply. Not sure i understand your reply.

and is it recommended to use yum update command to update to
6.5 on a production environment without testing.
if 'production' means what it does in my $job's enterprise environment,
absolutely not. we do nothing to a production environment without
testing first in a staging environment that replicates
production. updated of complicated production systems is tricky.

that said, things like development servers, hobby internet webservers
running a few blogs and stuff, things like that, I regularly do yum
update's on, but I also have backups if its at all important, so I can
revert to last night if there's a problem.

You said backups. Any backup program you suggest to back up all
configuration files and data?

Regards

Kaushal

groupcentos @