On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 4:32 PM, Miller,Jason [Burlington] wrote:
Hello, new Linux user here and I cannot mount a new (empty) WD MyBook
Essentials 3TB USB external hard drive (Model WDBACW0030HBK-NESN).

lots of details which will help, but I think it'd be good to add what
end game you want to get to. e.g. just want to use this drive under
linux, want to use it under linux and NT both, etc. I have a
similar setup with a 3tb usb3 and centos6. I ended up reformatting
the disk to have a 200g (I think?) partition formatted to fat32 and
the reset as a ext3 partition for linux use. I'd have to do some
verification to be sure it all works nicely (since I put it on my
linux machine, I've had no use to pull it back off), but I can add all
the files I'd like to either partition on linux and access the fat 32
from various windows hosts.

--
Even the Magic 8 ball has an opinion on email clients: Outlook not so good.

groupcentos @
categoriescentos
postedMar 8, '13 at 9:32p
activeMar 8, '13 at 11:56p