On Thursday 12 April 2012 15.02.31 m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
Vinay Nagrik wrote:
Hello Group,

I created a VM with 5.7 Centos DVD-1. My task is to compile openssh5.8p2
(src.rpm downloaded from openssh site.) on the system. It gave some
errors about some buildrequires rpm not found. I took care of them. Now
it is complaining about
[root at akjain-centos5 SPECS]# rpmbuild -bb openssh.spec

error: Failed build dependencies:
/usr/include/X11/Xlib.h is needed by openssh-5.8p2-1.x86_64
I have copied Xlib.h from another machine (running el5) into
/usr/include/X11 directory. But it still does not recognize this
particular file "Xlib.h" and continues to give same error.
It requires the file to be provided by an installed package, that is, it has
to exist in the rpm database.
Do I need a particulare Xlib.h for this machine, 'if yes', then can
someone tell me where from to get this file.
You need the .h file that matches the library (on your machine). The library
comes from libX11 provided by CentOS-base and as such you want libX11-devel
(provided by CentOS-base).
rpm -q --whatprovides /usr/include/X11/Xlib.h will tell you.
Actually no, "rpm -q --whatprovides ..." ask which of my installed package(s)
provide ... and will not work in this case.

If you want to find out which (uninstalled) package provides a certain file
you'll have to use "yum provides ...".

If you want to just install the file the following short-cut works:
"yum install /usr/include/X11/Xlib.h"

/Peter