On Thursday 12 April 2012 13.36.03 m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
Hey, folks,

I've just started seeing
Apr 12 13:09:59 <server> kernel: [Hardware Error]:
MC4_STATUS[Over|CE|MiscV|-|AddrV|-|Poison|CECC]: 0xdd0accf2001d011b
Apr 12 13:09:59 <server> kernel: [Hardware Error]: Northbridge Error (node
1, core 1): ECC error in L3 cache tag.
The error message certainly points to the CPU. The fact that the error
happened on cache tag, not cache data further implicates the CPU.

The message is quite specific and I'd say rather trustworthy...

But there's also the possibility that the message is wrong (either something
else went wrong or nothing really went wrong). In my experience hardware fault
error messages are quite unreliable and at the end of the day DIMMs are
magnitudes more likely to fail than CPUs...

/Peter