On 04/12/2012 12:02 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
Vinay Nagrik wrote:
Hello Group,

I created a VM with 5.7 Centos DVD-1. My task is to compile openssh5.8p2
(src.rpm downloaded from openssh site.) on the system. It gave some
errors about some buildrequires rpm not found. I took care of them. Now
it is complaining about
[root at akjain-centos5 SPECS]# rpmbuild -bb openssh.spec
error: Failed build dependencies:
/usr/include/X11/Xlib.h is needed by openssh-5.8p2-1.x86_64
I have copied Xlib.h from another machine (running el5) into
/usr/include/X11 directory. But it still does not recognize this
particular file "Xlib.h" and continues to give same error.

Do I need a particulare Xlib.h for this machine, 'if yes', then can
someone tell me where from to get this file.
That won't work - rpmbuild, like rpm, won't look for the file, it'll look
for the package.

rpm -q --whatprovides /usr/include/X11/Xlib.h will tell you.

That "rpm -q --whatprovides" that Mark gave you will work if you have
that file on your machine and you want to know what put it there.

This will work if you know the name of the file and it is not on your
machine:

yum provides "/usr/include/X11/Xlib.h"

That means the package you need to install is libX11-devel ... so

yum install libX11-devel