On Tuesday 13 March 2012 13.20.01 m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
Peter Kjellstr?m wrote:
On Tuesday 13 March 2012 13.41.53 Philippe Naudin wrote:
Hello,

I am confused by a warning from mkswap :

When making a swap on a LVM volume, I see the following warning :
mkswap: /dev/vg_SDB1/swap_test6_64: warning: don't erase bootbits
<snip>
Are you making swap from a logical partition, or a swapfile? If the
former, perhaps recreating the partition might help.
Don't confuse the poor guy. 1) yes he's doing mkswap on an lv which was
obvious had you read the post 2) an lv does not have a partition table so your
statement about recreating it makes no sense.

/Peter