Tharun Kumar Allu wrote:
Hi All,
I am trying to print from a CentOS 5.3 server to a windows LPD
service. After enabling the LPD service on Windows and creating a LPR
port to a particular printer when I execute the following command on
CentOS server I do not come out.
lpr -H winprint:515 -P printer1 file.txt

The above command does not exit. Do I need to configure anything on
the server to be able to use lpr as a client ?
Ultimately I want to use the above command to print to various
printers based on different parameters.

On a different note when I execute the same command on Fedora 14 I get
Unknown as the error.
Have you checked CUPS? <http://localhost:631>

mark

groupcentos @
categoriescentos
postedDec 5, '11 at 4:09p
activeDec 5, '11 at 5:07p
websitecentos.org
irc#centos

2 users in discussion

Tharun Kumar Allu: 2 posts Mark Roth: 1 post