Am 31.08.2011 01:58, schrieb Always Learning:

I also notice our servers successfully contacting official time
references centres which are not those sites trying to connect to us. I
notice too the installed time software is listening on every available
IP. I can not identity any options in any configuration files to
turn-off this listening.
ntpd shipping with CentOS 6 has an option "-I iface"; see "man 8 ntpd".
Edit "/etc/sysconfig/ntpd" accordingly. ntpd shipping with CentOS 5 does
not have that and thus always binds to all available interfaces.
Thanks,

Paul.
Alexander

groupcentos @