On Monday, August 29, 2011 12:12:03 PM ken wrote:
On 08/28/2011 11:37 PM Always Learning wrote:
On Sun, 2011-08-28 at 22:33 -0400, ken wrote:
On 08/28/2011 09:17 PM Always Learning wrote:
Well, since I've got two or three other machines I'm either upgrading or
installing linux on, machines that are older than this one, I guess I'm
done with RH/CentOS.
Is your use of a particular Intel CPU really to blame and not
necessarily Centos ?
Really...? "blame"...? If this CPU functions just fine on RH/CentOS 5.6
and other distributions, by what rationale can it be blamed for anything?
Now could you please do what you should have done from the beginning and tell
us what CPU you're trying to install C6 on. Please.

All distributions make a choice when it comes to how old hardware to support.
Do you find it strange that C5 supports older hardware than C6?

/Peter