On Thursday, August 25, 2011 09:17:39 PM John R Pierce wrote:
On 08/25/11 12:09 PM, Mike VanHorn wrote:
I'm confused as to how to install updates for CentOS 5.6 without
upgrading to 6.0. When I do a "yum check-updates", the new *-release
packages for 6.0 are listed, so I don't think I want to do a simply "yum
update".

Is there a way to update 5.6 without going to 6.0?
somethign is hosed in your yum.repos.d or something... it should not be
installing a 6.0 -release package
Agreed. CentOS-5.6 will only upgrade to 5.7, 5.8, ...

6.0 will in a similar fashion become 6.1, 6.2, ...

If you have a system where yum wants to install the CentOS-6 centos-release
then either the distribution network is horribly messed up or you've got an
incorrectly modified local yum configuration. My guess is on the latter.

/Peter