On Friday, August 05, 2011 04:28:20 PM Lars Hecking wrote:
Lars Hecking writes:
There are more than one NIC-model with 82599EB and evidently not all
work with

the CentOS driver. What we're using successfully is X520-DA2:
Intel Corporation 82599EB 10-Gigabit Network Connection (rev 01)

What do you have?
http://www.intel.com/support/network/sb/cs-012904.htm

PCI id 151c = X520-T2.
Just to close this old thread: in a few months of operation, we have
repeatedly run into problems where the servers just dropped off the
network with pretty much nothing logged on the server or the switch side.
The symptoms are strikingly similar to the problem described here (Peter
K, you should have remembered :)
I guess it slipped my mind since it wasn't me having the problem, heh.
http://lists.us.dell.com/pipermail/linux-poweredge/2011-March/044417.html

and the same solution works for us - replacing the standard CentOS ixgbe
driver with the latest from Intel.
Our X520 are still stable except for one recent problem, 2.6.18-238.9.1 ->
2.6.18-238.12.1 broke it quite bad. With 238.12.1 our servers start dropping
all incomming packets after a while. Sanity can be (temporarily restored with
a "ethtool --negotiate ethX").

We are currently running a kernel that excludes:
linux-2.6-net-ixgbe-fix-for-82599-erratum-on-header-splitting.patch
since that's what seems to break our setup.

/Peter