On 6/16/11, Gordon Messmer wrote:

I read somewhere recently that people were complaining abut LVM overhead
and poor performance, but I've never seen any evidence of it. Was there
something that made you think that LVM had significant overhead?
Looking at some very sparse notes I made on the decision, I think what
tipped the choice was that both qcow2 and lvm added overheads, but lvm
was on the whole system i.e. the host has additional processing on
every i/o whereas qcow2 overheads was only for guest i/o. More
critically my note was the thought as well that it would be easier to
move a qcow2 file to another machine/disk if necessary than to move a
partition.

groupcentos @
categoriescentos
postedJun 9, '11 at 5:24a