On 6/9/2011 1:09 PM, Emmanuel Noobadmin wrote:
On 6/10/11, Markus Falbwrote:
Yes, but before doing this be sure that your Software does not need atime.
For a brief moment, I had that sinking "Oh No... why didn't I see this
earlier" feeling especially since I've already remounted the
filesystem with noatime.

Fortunately, so far it seems that everything's still alive and
working, keeping fingers crossed :D
The last access time is generally not needed, especially for Maildirs.
On our setup, Postfix and Dovecot don't care. I always mount as many
file systems as possible with 'noatime'.

(Our IMAP Maildir storage is a 4-disk RAID 1+0 array with a few million
individual messages across a lot of accounts.)

groupcentos @
categoriescentos
postedJun 9, '11 at 5:24a
activeJun 16, '11 at 4:01a