On 9.6.2011 12:38, Benjamin Franz wrote:
On 06/09/2011 02:24 AM, Emmanuel Noobadmin wrote:
I'm trying to resolve an I/O problem on a CentOS 5.6 server. The
process basically scans through Maildirs, checking for space usage and
quota. Because there are hundred odd user folders and several 10s of
thousands of small files, this sends the I/O wait % way high. The
server hits a very high load level and stops responding to other
requests until the crawl is done.
setting 'noatime' for the
mount options for partition holding the files will reduce the number of
required I/Os quite a lot.
Yes, but before doing this be sure that your Software does not need atime.

--
Kind Regards, Markus Falb