On 6/10/11, Steven Tardy wrote:
did you set noatime on the host filesystem and/or the VM filesystem?
i would think noatime on the VM would provide more benefit than on the
host...
shrug. now my brain hurts. gee thanks. (:
I was trying it on the host first, thinking that would cut down on
half the writes since the host wouldn't have to update the atime
everytime the diskfiles are accessed.

But now that you brought it up, I'm wondering if that would had been
pointless. If the kernel considers KVM opening the diskfile and
holding onto it as a single access, regardless of how many subsequent
reads/writes there are, then this wouldn't make a difference would it?

groupcentos @
categoriescentos
postedJun 9, '11 at 5:24a
activeJun 16, '11 at 4:01a