On 04 May 2011, at 12:04, Jim Wildman wrote:
On Wed, 4 May 2011, carlopmart wrote:
On 05/04/2011 10:58 AM, przemolicc at poczta.fm wrote:
Hello,

we are using several centos servers under Vmware. We are having more
and more requests for server space for each business application (let assume
that these business requests are for different type of services:
databases, web apps, application servers etc.

I wonder which solution is better:
1. new CentOS under vmware (having several CentOS servers under Vmware)
or
2. new CentOS under KVM under existing CentOS (having a few CentOS servers with several KVMs in each)
Each approach has some advantages and disadvantages.
Can you share your thoughts about it ?
What vmware version do you use: server, esxi?? What type of applications
do you run under these vms??
How mature is your organization?
How big will this get?
And what about High Availability (vMotion, HA, DRS, ...) features?
Any of those in use in production yet? Would you need to have equivalents for those too?

Kind regards,
Tom De Vylder

groupcentos @
categoriescentos