On 4/13/2011 7:35 AM, Mailing List wrote:
Hi,

I have upgraded my Dell C151 to the latest 5.6. I have always used
ntp to sync this machine and then the rest of the machines in the
network would sync from it. Since the update I cannot keep the right
time on the machine. This is with / without ntp. I have attempted
various scenario's with no luck. I am now trying the old kernel now
as
I type this out. If anyone else has any links or ideas that I should
check out It would be greatly appreciated.

Just a quick note about my setup. I do not use any gui. As
mentioned I have not had any issues with this machine and it's time
until I upgrade.

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+
3gb of ram.

TIA.

Brian.

Have you tried installing the adjtimex package? If your system clock
is running reliably fast under the 5.6 kernel, maybe adjtimex can turn
that reliability into reliable time sync for you?

Rick

groupcentos @
categoriescentos
postedApr 13, '11 at 7:35a