On 4/14/2011 6:47 AM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
Is it really true that the time is working perfectly with one of the
other kernels (the older ones)?

Johnny,

Yes, As long as I run the older 5.5 kernel my time is perfect.
All clients can get from this machine with no issues. As soon as I run
new kernel, or Plus kernel for that matter. The time goes downhill.
"Uphill actually"

To answer the previous question I do have the HW clock set to utc,
Everything is stock from initial install of the package.
Did you check dmesg which timer is being used (I think it can also be seen
somewhere in /proc but I don't remember). If it's hpet, you could try to
disable it. That was for i686: 'hpet=disable' and for x86_64: 'nohpet',
don't know how it is with current kernels.

Simon

groupcentos @
categoriescentos
postedApr 13, '11 at 7:35a