And given that the xen kernel is not a Linux kernel but rather that centos
is just dom0 so I'm not sure that init argument would do what the OP wanted
anyway...

Sent from Android mobile
On Jun 9, 2010 6:24 PM, "Stephen Harris" wrote:

I'm trying to boot into the shell of a XenServer 5.6 (I believe CentOS
5.5 underneath). I added...
XenServer 5.6 is based on CentOS 5.4

[root at penfold ~]# cat /etc/redhat-release
XenServer release 5.6.0-31188p (xenenterprise)
[root at penfold ~]# rpm -q centos-release
centos-release-5-4.el5.centos.1

Aren't you better off taking XenServer questions to the Citrix forums?
For example, the XenServer boot process uses extlinux and not grub;
here's an area where XenServer diverges from CentOS and so you may get
better answers from the correct support forum.

--

rgds
Stephen