Hello,

While I don't know what's wrong with your specific ntp.conf I do have one for
Centos-4.1.x86_64 that works with broadcastclient:

driftfile /etc/ntp/drift
disable auth
broadcastclient

Cheers,
Peter
On Tuesday 04 October 2005 03.11, Fong Vang wrote:
This ntp.conf file works fine under RedHat 9:

authenticate no
#enable auth
driftfile /etc/ntp/drift
keys /etc/ntp/ntp.keys
server 127.127.1.0
fudge 127.127.1.0 stratum 10
trustedkey 1
enable bclient
broadcastclient

However, it doesn't work on CentOS 4.1. ntpd complains with this error
message:

Unable to listen for broadcasts, no broadcast interfaces available

Has anyone gotten ntp broadcastclient to work under CentOS? This is
very similar to the problem explained by this email thread:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2004-August/057010.htm

Any help is appreciated.
Peter Kjellstr?m |
National Supercomputer Centre |