Thanks for the feedback.
I as already planning to have a dedicated management network and had also
discussed the need for some network protocol to share state information. I
now feel that using a network to share state information is the right
solution in our case.

While xenstore looks interesting, I am hesitant to implement anything that
is Xen specific at this time. I want to be able to move to KVM or "the
next big thing" as simply as possible.

Thanks again,
David