Adam Huffman wrote on Mon, 15 Dec 2008 14:21:36 +0000:

If I execute 'service network restart', eth0 comes up
normally, with an IP address and the correct routing.
The network-scripts in the default CentOS Xen are buggy. For instance, I
found that when you have two IPs with different subnets configured for
Dom0 the DomUs won't be able to get an IP from your normal DHCP server.
(Compare discussion on this list quite some time back.) I didn't see a
problem with the network of the Dom0, though.
Check dmesg and other logs for any bootup errors. Make sure that your
network setup on the machine is 100% correct and all subnets have a
dedicated gateway. Something that isn't 100% correct, but normally works,
may not work with these network scripts.
I went to Xen 3.2 which has a completely revamped network/bridging
structure.

Kai

--
Kai Sch?tzl, Berlin, Germany

groupcentos-virt @
categoriescentos
postedDec 15, '08 at 2:21p
activeDec 15, '08 at 3:31p
websitecentos.org
irc#centos

2 users in discussion

Adam Huffman: 1 post Kai Schaetzl: 1 post