On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 5:10 PM, Peter wrote:
On 04/10/2015 01:34 AM, Carl George wrote:
I have worked on this a bit more, fixed a few typos, and clarified
some parts. In particular, I added a sentence pointing out that not
all 3rd party repos necessarily work with each other. Here is the
link again.

https://gist.github.com/cgtx/b854281462a18007f509

If no one has further suggestions for edits, what is the next step to
make it official?
Looks good to me. At this stage I think the only thing to add would be
the actual instructions on how to get your -release file added to extras.

It needs another rule, I thinkk:

     * Stable packes do not *obsolete* packages from the standard repositories.

RHEL and CentOS in turn had serious conniptions when the 'ecj' package
was named, and renamed, and obsoleted without cautious version
settings for the packages being obsoleted. A lot of caution was needed
for 'mysql-libs' by various vendors, and it's still a nasty hairball
of a dependency for alternative MySQL or MariaDB installations. .

groupcentos-devel @
categoriescentos
postedMar 28, '15 at 8:32p
activeApr 10, '15 at 1:35p