On 01/14/2015 01:43 AM, Somers-Harris, David | David | OPS wrote:
Hello,

What types of tests does the CentOS Development Team do for software in
its repositories?

Where does it get its test catalog from?

I want to create a testing process which is equal to if not more
rigorous that the CentOS process for any third party software we use.

For example, if I install the php-mysqlnd package from the Remi
repository, I want to test it just as carefully as the php-mysql package
has been tested before I get it from the CentOS repository.

If somebody can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

this is something that comes up quite a bit - and it would be good to
work on something from the project side so everyone can benefit.

the common ground is to build up enough of a test scenario that we can
ue that to build confidence in external repos, and something that gives
the repo admins a target to achieve 'good practice' standards.

Lets start with the most obvious place : what problem are you looking to
solve ?

--
Karanbir Singh

groupcentos-devel @