Greetings,

----- Original Message -----
I know a number of people have been using the nx/freenx packages
available from the centos-extras repo. Now, EPEL recently started
distributing NX packages. When you run 'yum update' with epel
enabled, it will replace CentOS' nx as seen here:

http://pastebin.centos.org/8101/

Have any of you tried EPEL's version? If so, can you share your
findings?

The open-source edition of NX (version 3.5.x) is virtually static
because there would not be updates from NoMachine. I don't know if
EPEL made any changes/additions to what CentOS offers.

All of the nx stuff in EPEL, so far as I know, is in support of x2go. x2go basically picks up the ball where freenx/opennx left off. x2go.org It was a new feature in Fedora 20, then added to Fedora 19 and EPEL 6.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street