On Mar 7, 2016, at 1:27 PM, Hugi Thordarson wrote:
Unless you use Bootique, or your own property-based config mechanism.
Is bootique worth checking out? I’m just noticing it now for the first time and so happens I’m looking into a new basis for our web services/APIs (current favorite being spark framework).
Definitely. Bootique is a new project, and my hope is it will make it as far as Cayenne and further. I am doing a presentation at WOWODC this summer and at ApacheCon in May. In a few words, it is a flexible modular framework (or platform?) that allows you to build Java apps that run without containers (hence the jar/war meme that that I quoted from SpringBoo folks). It is very easy to create web services [1] and such, but also apps of any type and complexity. There's a Cayenne integration module, as well a dozen other modules (the list is quickly growing).

For those who haven't seen it yet, we just launched a new site at http://bootique.io/ .

Andrus

[1] http://bootique.io/docs/0/getting-started/index.html

groupuser @