What? Are you saying I shouldn’t be using pre-release software in a production environment? Ghastly! ;)

Filed:

- hugi

On 23. sep. 2015, at 07:13, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

This is a bug.
On Sep 22, 2015, at 5:36 PM, Hugi Thordarson wrote:

Hi all,

I’m trying to retrieve a list of distinct related objects. If I execute an EJBQL-query that looks like this…

"select distinct receipt.shop from Receipt receipt”

…where “shop” is a relationship on the “Receipt”-entity, I get an exception that looks like this:

https://gist.github.com/hugith/c3f48c4576e6a55383b3

Doing the same fetch without the distinct keyword works fine (returns a list of Shop objects). Also, performing a distinct fetch on attributes of “Shop” works fine, like so:

"select distinct receipt.shop.name from Receipt receipt”

Is this a bug or am I going around this the wrong way? How would you go about constructing a fetch for distinct related objects?

Cheers,
- hugi

// Hugi Thordarson
// http://www.loftfar.is/