The problem is associations, especially to-many associations.
If I have a to-many association on a child entity, I set up
its DbRelationship on the child table, and use a flattened
relationship to access it. But then the modeler claims that
my relationship is read-only (presumably because i'm going
across a flattened relationship).
I'm somewhat surprised that Modeler is complaining about read-only relationships in the first place. Any read-only relationship that I ever heard about can be converted to a read-write one by breaking up the insert and update statements to the table level; is Modeler somehow assuming that this breaking-up is not happening?
(This question goes to the Cayenne devs.)

groupuser @
categoriescayenne
postedApr 6, '12 at 8:54p
activeApr 10, '12 at 3:14p
websitecayenne.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Dave Lamy: 1 post Durchholz, Joachim: 1 post