Hey guys--

I'm trying to grok the vertical inheritance method and have a
question/concern:

I tried modeling a couple of tables using the vertical method. I have 3
tables now:

ASSET
ASSET_MASTER
ASSET_VERSION

I created everything according to the docs.. Set up properties and
relationships at the appropriate table level, created 3 ObjEntities, and
used flattened relationships on the subclasses to access subclass
properties.

Properties work great. The problem is associations, especially to-many
associations. If I have a to-many association on a child entity, I set up
its DbRelationship on the child table, and use a flattened relationship to
access it. But then the modeler claims that my relationship is read-only
(presumably because i'm going across a flattened relationship).

Is it really read-only? Am I doing something wrong? The example docs only
show properties at the subclass so it doesn't address this situation.
Don't see how I could make vertical inheritance work if I can't manage
to-many assocs at the subclass level.

Thanks for the help--
Dave

groupuser @
categoriescayenne
postedApr 6, '12 at 8:54p
activeApr 10, '12 at 3:14p
websitecayenne.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Dave Lamy: 1 post Durchholz, Joachim: 1 post