I think what Michael was saying was, that the answer is that 'lazy loading
of data object relationship data is supported and is the default mechanism'.
That's what I read, too.
(In fact this is one of the main strengths of Cayenne in my opinion)
On a tangent, I don't think this can be advertised as a special strength of Cayenne.
Think about it: Any ORM that does not do by-default lazy association loading will quickly find itself loading the entire database. If it wasn't built into the ORM right from the beginning, the ORM is essentially useless and will either die or get that feature added ASAP.

The more interesting comparison would be how easily an application developer could specify when to load eagerly.
(Not that I'm in a position to actually do such a comparison. ;-) )

groupuser @
categoriescayenne
postedMar 28, '12 at 8:27a
activeApr 10, '12 at 3:18p