Hi Jo,

I was able to do this in the past by editing the .map.xml file by hand to
add the relationships. To do this I added a foreign key on the database for
one table temporarily, and let Cayenne infer this relationship. This
produced the relationship that I needed. I was then able to delete the
foreign key, and hand-write the other relationships to match the first.

It worked surprisingly well, but the real fix is to add foreign keys to your
database.

Marc