Hello all,

I need to define a relationship between two tables where the keys involved are unique, not primary (the PKs are useless for the join involved).
The relationship can't be inferred from the schema metadata because one of the tables is actually a view.

What I'm seeing in Modeler is a way to define a relationship on primary keys.
I don't see it offering me that on unique keys, nor on an arbitrary selection of fields (which was the last straw that I searched for).
Did I overlook something, or did I hit a limitation?

Well, I *could* work around the problem by defining a view that uses the actual join fields and carries the PKs, and I'd have a PK on at least one side of each join :-)
Except I'd like to avoid cluttering the database namespace with views created just for the sake of Cayenne.

Regards,
Jo

groupuser @
categoriescayenne