On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 3:55 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
There is a new constructor for AutoAdapter:

public AutoAdapter(Provider<DbAdapter> adapterProvider)
How do I create a Provider<DbAdapter>?

I searched for examples in the Cayenne code, but what
I found was in the DefaultDbAdapterFactory and I was
not able to trace that back to anything that I could call.

Is it just me or is it harder to search Cayenne code in e.g. Eclipse
when injection is used? I think I had more success using
the Cayenne source code as documentation,
before injection entered the picture.
While injection is an implementation detail, it is used in the
documentation:
We are still trying to write the Java classes managed via
injection in a manner that should not prevent their creation
in the code.
A word of wisdom from K&R comes to mind:

'simple things should be simple and hard things possible'

Except for the deprecated methods, I think I've finished
porting to Cayenne 3.1 though! Some nice new features
allowed me to delete code. Always nice!

--
Øyvind Harboe

Can Zylin Consulting help on your project?

US toll free 1-866-980-3434 / International +47 51 87 40 27

http://www.zylin.com/zy1000.html
ARM7 ARM9 ARM11 XScale Cortex
JTAG debugger and flash programmer

groupuser @
categoriescayenne
postedFeb 10, '11 at 8:11a
activeFeb 11, '11 at 9:45a
websitecayenne.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Øyvind Harboe: 2 posts Andrus Adamchik: 1 post