Hi Edward,

I can't provide much help. I changed my code to work better with
Cayenne 1.2. final rather than try to track down what was causing the
underlying problem.

I ended up serializing a temporary DataContext rather than serializing
the individual modified objects. I still serialize and unserialize
the commited (hollow, commited) objects individually, but I haven't
had any problems with that.

My recommendation would be to upgrade to Cayenne 1.2.1 and see if your
problems still occur. If so, then try tracking it down.