I've noticed that during the PRE_UPDATE lifecycle callback, if you update a
different object the PRE_UPDATE callback is not invoked for that object
before the commit occurs. It would be preferable to have the callback
still execute before the commit.

For example,

I am using PRE_UPDATE to conditionally update a modification time
attribute. In some cases I want to update other objects in PRE_UPDATE as
well in response to a change. If I do that I find that PRE_UPDATE is not
being called on these other objects and that their modification time
doesn't change (although all the changes as saved).

Is it ok to change this behavior? I assume PRE_PERSIST behaves the same
way, but I haven't tried it.

John

groupdev @
categoriescayenne
postedSep 15, '15 at 6:16p
activeSep 16, '15 at 7:49p
websitecayenne.apache.org

2 users in discussion

John Huss: 1 post Andrus Adamchik: 1 post