Grokbase Groups Cayenne dev June 2015
I've run into problems a few times caused by case-mismatch issues with
columns (DbAttributes).

The primary one being when I have SQLTemplate queries that return actual
DataObjects. If the DbAttribute is declared with mixed case (myTablePK)
then my query just returns a list of nulls because it can't find the pk
field to create an ObjectId. I'm using postgres mostly which is not
case-sensitive and returns the columns in lowercase it seems.

What do you think about changing some of this behavior?

Like forcing or providing a switch to ensure DbAttribute names are
lowercase?

Or doing more intelligent matching that ignores case as much as possible?
I.E. if there are no duplicate columns when ignoring case, then ignore case?

John

groupdev @
categoriescayenne
postedJun 12, '15 at 9:14p
activeJun 15, '15 at 5:19p
websitecayenne.apache.org

2 users in discussion

John Huss: 2 posts Andrus Adamchik: 1 post