I'm not on the very latest, but unless it changed "and()" is a var-args
method, so you can pass all your expressions in a comma separated list for
even better syntax.
On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 4:08 AM Aristedes Maniatis wrote:
On 15/04/2015 6:57pm, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
From my experience I am also leaning towards append-only API. I think it
is worth changing the API with some deprecation to eliminate "override". I
guess the only case where I am 50/50 on keeping override is "where".

Deprecation might be awkward here and still keep nice short clear names.
For me I'm very much in favour of 'where' being append-only. In fact that
was the use case that started my thinking in the first place. On the plus
side:

1. It works like Rails
2. It makes sense when read aloud as English:
query.where(something).where(somethingElse).
3. It makes adding queries in a loop/conditionals easier

On the other side:

1. You can still write all your code with "and" and never use "where"
2. There is some use case I can't think of where you want to replace your
query before you execute it.

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis