On Aug 18, 2010, at 4:28 PM, Michael Gentry wrote:

To me, a separate cayenne-src.tar.gz makes the most sense.
Yeah, that's what we'll likely end up with.
Also, I'd split the OS-specific Cayenne Modeler distributions up a bit more
I have a number of long standing gripes about OS-specific assemblies (both code separation and the build process). With 3.1 preferences refactoring some of those became even more obvious (e.g. I got a Windows look and feel for 3.1 now). I have some ideas, but this is a separate discussion.
to not even include the Cayenne libraries. More and more people are
using Maven now and don't need the JARs in the Cayenne Modeler
distribution. You can have a separate cayenne-lib.tar.gz.
I didn't quite get that. Which jars are you referring to?

Andrus

groupdev @
categoriescayenne
postedAug 18, '10 at 7:34a