Grokbase Groups Cayenne dev July 2007
Hi Ari,

As I've mentioned offline, I think that if an exception message is
set by the user, it may be a bad idea to clobber it
(CayenneRuntimeException 'getMessage()' kind of does it too, doh!).
The good news is that Cayenne internally uses a constructor without a
message: "ValidationException(ValidationResult)", so we can use the
code below to build an informative message:

private static String createMessage(ValidationResult result) {
// Ari's code goes here
}

public ValidationException(ValidationResult result) {
this(createMessage(result), result);
}

Do you think this'll work?

Andrus