-----Original Message-----
From: Andrus Adamchik
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2007 5:40 AM
To: dev@cayenne.apache.org
Subject: Re: Documenting the modules / Documenting the sets
of functionality
Ugh. I really wish you'd named it differently, then. Like
maven-cayenne-cgen-plugin. I'm guessing it might ahve
more than cgen
in it, but still, this module name looks like more maven
infrastructure as it stands.
This is a *user* published module. Cayenne users will only
see this single module. So it makes sense to call it
'maven-cayenne-plugin'.
The intention is to pack more into than just cgen. I'm thinking of a
mojo for cgen, cdbgen, and even a way to fire up the modeler from within
maven (e.g., 'mvn cayenne:modeler'). Of course, I haven't had as much
time to do this as I'd like. The almost complete lack of documentation
about the plugin architecture and maven's use of classworlds hasn't
helped matters either.

In any event, I think the name as it stands now is most appropriate.

--
Kevin

groupdev @
categoriescayenne