Hi!

I have a 2.0.13 cluster which I need to do two things with:

* Extend it
* Upgrade to 2.1.14

I'm pondering in what order to do things. Is it a supported operation to
extend a partially upgraded cluster, i.e. a cluster upgraded to 2.0
where not all sstables have been upgraded?

If I do that, will the sstables written on the new nodes be in the 2.1
format when I add them? Or will they be written in the 2.0 format so
I'll have to run upgradesstables anyway?

The cleanup I do on the existing nodes, will write the new 2.1 format,
right?

There might be other reasons not to do this, one being that it's seldom
wise to do many operations at once. So please enlighten me on how bad an
idea this is :-)

Thanks,
\EF

groupuser @
categoriescassandra
postedMay 18, '16 at 6:17p
activeMay 18, '16 at 6:37p
websitecassandra.apache.org
irc#cassandra

2 users in discussion

Erik Forsberg: 2 posts Jeff Jirsa: 1 post