Unit testing means testing in isolation the smallest part.

Unit tests should not take more than a few milliseconds to set up and
verify their assertions.

As such, if your code is not factored well for testing, you would typically
use mocking (either by hand, or with mocking libraries) to mock out the
bits not under test.

Extensive use of mocks is usually a smell of code that is not well designed
*for testing*

If you intend to test components integrated together... That is integration
testing.

If you intend to test performance of the whole or significant parts of the
whole... That is performance testing.

When searching for the above, you will not get much luck if you are looking
for them in the context of "unit testing" as those things are *outside the
scope of unit testing"